Tuesday, November 24, 2009

I'm just trying to speed up this whole living thing because of people like you.

I feel like so much has happened and I don't even know where to start! I feel backed up. I saw this one writer, Tim Wise, talk at school last Wednesday about racism in the age of Obama, and the white privilege. He was very funny and smart and I would like to have bought one of his books but I had no money, as usual. But I did get twenty-five bucks today because my grandpa saves his change and gives it to me and Nikki.

What else. Let's see. I'm happy kind of. I'm disappointed in certain people lately, but that's just because of my unruly expectations and it doesn't change the way I care about them, I just get blown away sometimes. You can't say that you don't judge someone when you feel that you are "surrounded by stupidity," when you are around them, and therefore not hang out with them, but in turn say that they are cool and you like them. I would call that judgement, yes? Because I have some friends who I do not support their decisions and not necessarily agree with them about things, but I don't judge them on their "stupidity" and relieve myself from their presence - because they are my friend and I love them and somewhere in there I can tolerate their flaws. Of course, there are people who you just don't have a connection with and they are not your friend; fun is fun and everyone has flaws. Of course when my friend is being a dumb bitch and I can't stand it, I will let them know how I feel about it...

Say no to government control.
Say hello to the complacent closed mind.
Say goodbye to coincidental tragedies due to dishonesty.
And good to the day ?
...but at night it's a whole 'nother story...

slippin' south

No comments:

Post a Comment