Tuesday, November 17, 2009

"I saw your eyes earlier and I'm sorry."

It's pretty amusing sometimes to see someone so in awe of themselves (theirself is not a word).

The term hubris has been embedded in my thoughts lately. Hubris in short: challenging laws to result in protagonist's downfall; outrageous pride; public and private actions of the powerful and the rich; extreme arrogance. I don't know, I looked it up on wikipedia so I very well could have just pulled it out of my ass. Doesn't sound very good. It's good but glorious, it's a consequence-driven existence. But I see someone who exceeds this hubris as glorious indeed, as a celebrity like Amy Whinehouse or Axl Rose or Sid Vicious, someone who is in no need of teaching or guidance, because they are the all knowing of the era... the glorious heroine addict deceiving the world of their happiness and taking their anger and sadness out on everyone else but in the most creative and beautiful way, you may not even notice it. In the sense of art, hubris is intended because the artist and the poet have an eye that no one else has... they have a means for easy expression that the rest of the world is not dubbed with. So with that, the rest of us are fucked.

"I am a cocky mother fucker and it works for me."
Alright. Enter: pedestal.

But I see a very negative side to hubris. In a sense of sister or brother or humanhood or whatever one wants to call it, hubris can intentionally harm these Platonic relationships with perhaps temporarily achieving happiness, making an exception for oneself in the process, and then suffering madly. When really, why deny that all we are doing right now is fucking suffering? So wouldn't denying something so blatantly obvious be silly in the first place? Foolish? Ill-considered? Denying that something bad exists is oblivious and ignorant. So I guess I am saying that hubris is inescapable and a part of every radical in past or present existence and if used wisely and good then it will prevail... but why does it seem that evil prevails all? In the sense of Social Darwinism the fittest will survive and that most definitly does not mean that the good will survive. The deceiving and the flattering and the lying will win.

I just think it's fucked up.

And when someone around me lets their figurative dick hang about slappin' over all the beers and singing pubic hairs in the fire I laugh inside just a little bit. Secretly wanting to video tape and then play back for them what they said at on point in their lives. But that would just be revengeful. Which is evil.

No comments:

Post a Comment